Wednesday, January 30, 2008

An Aramaic Translation of the Lords Prayer

The Aramaic word for prayer is slotha. This literally means" to trap" or "to set a trap." Thus prayer implies"setting your mind like a trap so you may catch the thoughts of God" - in other words, "to trap the inner guidance and impulses that come from your inner spiritual source." Prayer can also mean a state of mind in which we still our personal thoughts and project nothing outward, almost as if, one was receiving from within. It is an alert state of total sensitivity, attentiveness and awareness. One could say, one is adjusting and preparing their minds and hearts to receive Gods program. The following Biblical phrases come to mind, "Be still and Know That I am God", "Let go and let God" or "meditate unceasingly."



What Prayer May Not BE!
A prayer is not "telling God" what to do. God knows how to run the universe! We do not need to remind God of our needs or ask for things, nor do we need too for our friends and relatives. "Thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men." (Matthew 6:5) "And when you are praying, be not babbling like the pagans, for they are expecting that through the abundance of words that they will be heard. Thus, do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need, before you ask Him." (Matthew 6:7-8)

What Prayer May Be!
So, prayer may not be "telling God," but it may be listening to what God would tell us. The purpose of prayer is not to change God, but to change us. We can consciencely work with this inner intelligence or knowing to guide us in solving problems we face in life. "When thou prayest, enter into thy secret chamber, and shut thy door, and pray to thy Father who is in secret; and thy Father, who seeth in secret, shall reward thee in openness. (Matthew 6:6) This is why Jesus gave us this form of prayer. Prayer is our means of hearing or knowing the quiet gentle voice of the loving presence we call God. "I and my Father are one." (John 10:30) Or could the Aramaic biblical truth translation be, "I and my Father are in agreement."

(enter into thy secret chamber, and shut thy door, and pray to thy Father who is in secret) is not to be taken literaly, this is probably an Aramaic Idiom that implies setting your mind like a trap so you may catch the thoughts of God as explained above. Get still, within your mind, meditate, recieving from within ect..

Most biblical scholars believe the language Jesus spoke was Aramaic. The following is a literal translation of what we call the Lords Prayer Matthew 6:9-13. Jesus told them to pray this way. The short phrase "this way"means to pray "something like this" .



Our Father who is everywhere (heavens)
Let Your name be set apart.
Come Your Kingdom (counsel).
Let Your will (desire) be, as in the universe, also on earth.
Provide us needful bread from day to day.
And free us from our offenses, as also we have freed our offenders.
And do not let us enter into temptation, but separate us from error .
For belongs to You the kingdom, the power, and the song and the praise.
From all ages throughout all ages.
Amen (sealed in trust, truth, and faithfulness.)

Words in brackets are other possible synonyms, where there are not exact language translations
(bread or bread of life can also refer to Eternal Truth or the true and eternal teaching)
Translated from the Aramaic Peshitta text.
Source: Setting a trap for God - The Aramaic Prayer of Jesus Source: DR. Rocco A. Errico Semitic language expert and translator





Hear the Lords Prayer Sang in The Language that most Biblical scholars agree Jesus and the Disciples Spoke (Aramaic)





57 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice article, keep the posts coming

Anonymous said...

It took me a while to search online, only your site unfold the fully details, bookmarked and thanks again.

- Kris

Anonymous said...

Helpful blog, bookmarked the website with hopes to read more!

Anonymous said...

I had been arguing with my close friend on this issue for quite a while, base on your ideas prove that I am right, let me show him your webpage then I am sure it must make him buy me a drink, lol, thanks.

- Kris

Anonymous said...

I love browsing your blog because you can constantly get us new and awesome things, I think that I must at least say a thank you for your hard work.

- Henry

Anonymous said...

I always motivated by you, your views and way of thinking, again, thanks for this nice post.

- Mark

Anonymous said...

Beneficial info and excellent design you got here! I want to thank you for sharing your ideas and putting the time into the stuff you publish! Great work!

Anonymous said...

Thanks as a remedy for this discriminative article, it's extremely famous blogs

Anonymous said...

Man, really want to know how can you be that smart, lol...great read, thanks.

Anonymous said...

I’ve recently started a blog, the information you provide on this site has helped me tremendously. Thank you for all of your time & work.

Anonymous said...

Great site. A lot of useful information here. I’m sending it to some friends!

Anonymous said...

good share, great article, very usefull for us...thanks!

Anonymous said...

Great site. A lot of useful information here. I’m sending it to some friends!

Anonymous said...

Good point, though sometimes it's hard to arrive to definite conclusions

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.

Anonymous said...

It’s really a nice and helpful piece of information. I’m glad that you shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Yes... i also really like to visit new place, your idea is good.

Anonymous said...

Hi there

Great share, thanks for your time

Anonymous said...

Hi to you all,I just read this blog work here, and I apreciated you are giving good information with great knowledge!
Gongratulations,Good Night

Anonymous said...

Maybe I`ll be Captain Obvious, but... it's only few days to New Year last, so let's be happy!
Hoho3ho!)

Anonymous said...

Do you people have a facebook fan page? I looked for one on twitter but could not discover one, I would really like to become a fan!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for some quality points there. I am kind of new to online , so I printed this off to put in my file, any better way to go about keeping track of it then printing?

Anonymous said...

I’ve recently started a blog, the information you provide on this site has helped me tremendously. Thank you for all of your time & work.

Anonymous said...

My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!

Anonymous said...

boa noite, vi ao teu blog para dar a todos um fantástico 2011!
Bom ano

Anonymous said...

Oi questionas assuntos deveras giros aqui....

Anonymous said...

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I really like the theme. I want to add a banner to the top right-hand space for an advertiser… how would I do that?

Anonymous said...

I love blog.realreligiousnews.com! Here I always find a lot of helpful information for myself. Thanks you for your work.
Webmaster of http://loveepicentre.com and http://movieszone.eu
Best regards

Anonymous said...

What a world we stay in!!?! It just shows us all as much as the fools we are…

Anonymous said...

I very adore your own posting choice, very remarkable.

Anonymous said...

I don’t quit and keep penning mainly because it simply just that is worth to read it.

Anonymous said...

Wish you best luck for the current and next year!There's always room for more thing.

Anonymous said...

Well, I was totally blown away with that. I told my wife and she agreed. I would like to hear whatever else you have on this. Excellent!

Anonymous said...

Hey – nice blog, just looking around some blogs, seems a pretty nice platform you are using. I’m currently using Wordpress for a few of my sites but looking to change one of them over to a platform similar to yours as a trial run. Anything in particular you would recommend about it?

Anonymous said...

Opportunity never knocks twice at any man's door

Anonymous said...

One of the best present I could imagine Thanks a lot

Anonymous said...

Only want to say your article is as tonishing. The clearness in your post is simply spectacular and i can take for granted you are an expert on this field. Well with your permission allow me to grab your rss feed to keep up to date with succeeding post. Thanks a million and please keep up the ac complished work.

Anonymous said...

Awesome Story, I can TOTALLY Relate and am in a similar situation with upcoming success. Thanks for the Inspiration and keep developing awesome stuff!

Anonymous said...

Espectacular blogue, apenas não estou de acordo com algumas coisas que aqui disseste mas no global até tens razão!

Anonymous said...

1

Anonymous said...

Great blog. Keep blogging. Please visit mine when you have the time.(Charlxtz)

Anonymous said...

You have hit the mark. In it something is also to me it seems it is very good idea. Completely with you I will agree.

Anonymous said...

The author is really cool. But some of the commentators are just posting stupid words.

Anonymous said...

thanks to the author for taking his clock time on this one.

Anonymous said...

Hi !!! Good job!
Wuzzap?

Anonymous said...

Love people who can tell their ideas clearly. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks. I repost it on my Facebook.
Bob Peters, CA

Anonymous said...

Good Article

Anonymous said...

Good Article

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed reading/following your page.Please keep it coming. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

thank you

Anonymous said...

I just added your website on my blogroll. Really enjoyed reading through. Excellent information!

Anonymous said...

I really liked the article, and the very cool blog

Anonymous said...

You could certainly see your enthusiasm in the work you write. The world hopes for even more passionate writers like you who aren’t afraid to say how they believe. Always follow your heart.

Anonymous said...

It agree, rather useful piece
Merry Christmas! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye. Thank you very much.